What is multimedia?
Multimedia (also called Digital Communication, New Media, Digital Media Arts, is the integration of:
- video/moving image
- motion graphics
- still image/graphics
- interactive interface
Multimedia is used primarily in education, entertainment and commerce (both for information and for marketing).
There are three main facets to a career in Multimedia:
•internet / web design
•interactive media: CD-ROM / DVD
•motion graphics: 2D / 3D animation
What do Multimedia designers do?
- promotional literature
- advertisements for TV
- advertisements for magazines and newspapers
- corporate identities
- environmental graphics
- Interactive multimedia
- Web design are all included in this career.
You will study four months to earn your certificate in Multimedia with PiCiT Institute of Computing.
How is the course (syllabus) structured?
3D Animation & Modeling
3D Studio Max
Digital Video Editing
Adobe Premier Pro/After Effects (Optional)
Adobe Encore DVD
Video Film Production
Are there work opportunities after completion?
our students work for graphic design studios and advertising agencies;
- they work on design house, media production, product launches and presentations;
- packaging, printing and publishing companies also employ many graphic designers, as do in-house art departments in large corporations;
- there are positions in online publishing, digital illustration, multimedia houses, film & video studios locally and overseas;
- and you are, of course, also more than qualified to work as a freelance print or multimedia designer.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements because this is a short certificate course but minimum 8th class pass; FA/FSc or higher recommended.
Training Duration and Training Timing;
4 Months 6 days a week
Class duration: 2 Hours (30 minutes break)
Lab Duration: 2 hours
Class and Lab Timings:
Evening: 4-6, 6-8
After this course, you should be able to
- Create and compose videos.
- Create/edit any sound to produce any special effects you want.
- Use photoshop to create high quality textures
- Create 3D objects, buildings, architectures, vehicles, environments and more...
- Create game assets
- Create highly attractive animations
- Spice up your animation with special effects
- Create TV Commercials
- and much more...
3D Studio Max
- 3D Studio Max Basics
- Basic Objects
- Splines and Spheres
- Mesh and Complex Objects
- External Design Data
- Organization and Editing Objects
- Light and Shadow
- Texturing and Materials
- Handling Camera
- Scene Management and Advance Organization
- Animation Basics
- Particle and Dynamic Animation
- Advance Rendering (Mental Ray)
- Atmosphere, Effects, Compositing
- Project: Create a complete model (vehicle, animal, human etc)
- Project: Create a complete environment
- Adobe Premiere Basics
- Basic Video Editing
- Clips and Markrs
- Advance Editing
- Motion Effects
- Multi-Camera editing
- Mixing Audio
- Sweetening Sound
- Visual Effects
- Color Correction and Grading
- Creating Titles
- Managing Projects
- Author with Adobe Encore
- Project: Create a complete social platform/cart website